Methamphetamine, or Meth as it is called, is one of the most dangerous drugs to be under influence of! Apart from problems arising from meth addiction, methamphetamine withdrawal symptoms might be even more challenging to deal with. So what should you do if you suspect an addiction problem in your most near and dear one? How should you begin intervention? What would be the first steps to undertake? We look at a strategic road map here.
The Need for a Rehab Program
There may be several Utah drug rehab centers to choose from. However, before you can actually lookout for a “drug rehab near me” you should first know whether your abuse victim actually needs one. If you are the primary caregiver, you could in fact be the best judge of things. If you aren’t the one, speak to friends and family members who spend more time with the victim. They should be able to provide a fair assessment. Alternatively, there are some symptoms to look out for as well. Some of the common questions to ask include:
- Is the victim severing all ties with people around him or her? Complete social isolation could be one of the major signs of a significant addiction problem. So if your friend is becoming a recluse suddenly, there could be cause for worry.
- Is your friend or family member exhibiting vulnerability over drug influence? Is he or she appearing helpless on the face of things?
- Is the drug causing extremely painful side effects? Is the victim still abusing drugs irrespective of these side effects? These could be primary pointers to a self-destructive abusive pattern.
- Is the victim suffering from a sense of guilt? Is there drug dependency? Is there a craving?
- Is there an increase in aggressive behavior? Aggression is common in addicts with serious substance abuse problems.
- Is the victim suddenly engaging in immoral acts? Common ones could be acts of violence for extracting money, stealing, and so on. Are these episodes becoming more and more common?
- Are there multiple episodes of self-harm?
Assessment of all these queries will determine the requirement of an addiction center.
Trackers and Markers
Apart from monitoring behavior, there could be a specific set of trackers and markers to keep an eye on. Common ones include pupils that appear dilated more frequently, tracking marks on arms, skin and dental damage, unexpected and sudden weight loss, unkempt and disheveled appearance, and signs of physical injury that may be self-inflicted too.
Assessing a Rehab Facility
Before calling on any addiction hotline, you should know which one to seek help from. You should ask around support groups in your area for some great references. Once references have been arrived at, make sure you seek important information like recovery rates, the availability of infrastructural support, medical facilities in-house, management of withdrawal symptoms, periods of drug abstinence in those under treatment, and so on.
The success of rehabs depends largely on the presence of primary support groups. People in and around should provide the right kind of ambiance required for comprehensive support and continued motivation. Nothing heals better than love and caring.