Winter is always exciting from the nostalgia it brings, sweaters and hot chocolates. Winter is almost always the favourite season for kids and adults alike because of many reasons. While the kids enjoy building snowmen, having snowball fights, and forming snow angels, adults can also have a great time sledding, ice skating, and snowboarding. However, some find it scary to try these adult activities because of their complicated equipment. So check out the beginner introduction to snowboards so you can start enjoying this activity the following winter.
Types of Boards
Depending on its use, size, shape, and overall design, one can choose a snowboard. Some of the common types available in the market:
- All-mountain – This type of board is known for its versatility and is the middle ground of all snowboard types. You can use it on different terrains. All-mountain board is an excellent choice for those who are only starting to explore snowboarding.
- Freestyle – This particular type of board is known for its flexibility. It is also shorter and lighter than others, making it a good choice for doing tricks. You can use freestyle boards in terrain parks.
- Freeride – This type of board is best when going down a mountain forward and almost straight. It is comparably longer than a freestyle board and is not for beginners.
- Powder – This type of board is best for deep snow with its wide nose and taller size. A more extended board length will allow it to go through the snow properly.
How to choose the one for you
Identifying which snowboard is best for you does not stop with learning the several types of boards. After familiarizing yourself with the different types available in the market, it is time to go through these factors that would help you decide which one to buy.
- Your ability – Different types of boards correspond to different expertise of users. Some boards are made explicitly for beginners to be straightforward to use and control. On the other hand, some are only for experts because of additional features and mechanics.
- Board width – It is crucial to get a board with the correct width for your feet. Having one too narrow or too wide will either cause your fall from the board, or you have no control over it. The perfect width will have your shoes slightly hanging because it will allow you to control the board, especially when turning.
- Board length – Like how crucial it is to get your board width perfect for you, its length is also essential. Depending on your expertise, you should choose one that will suit you best. For example, if you are just a beginner, you should purchase a shorter one because it is less challenging to learn. Your board length can also depend on the type of snowboarding you will do. As mentioned before, going in deep snow would require a longer snowboard, such as a powder board. Aside from these, your weight and height will significantly affect what length your board should be.
Now that you have a clear picture of what to consider in snowboards, it is time to show your inner adventurous self and explore different snow activities. From now on, you have something new to look forward to during the winter season – snowboarding and loads of fun!